We Support Sustainable and Safe Methods of Food Production that Respect the World in which We Live.
As an industry pioneer, Mario Camacho Foods is committed to running a responsible business that protects our environment by reducing waste water, conserving energy, and seeking alternative energy sources.
ISO 14001: Mario was the first olive company to achieve this certification recognizing successful environmental management with a commitment to exceed previous standards.
Zero Waste Water: Mario has the only plant in the olive industry that produces ZERO waste water. 80% is reused for irrigation and processing, and the other 20% evaporates. Our company’s Integral Water Cycle Management system has become a reference for the table olive industry.
Environmental Quality Department: Mario focuses on environmental awareness and training to reduce resource consumption and prevent pollution.
We are an industry pioneer, committed to providing products that are delicious, healthy, and above all safe for consumers and the environment. Our commitment to quality and safety begins in the field and continues to the finished product. We start with raw materials that meet our strict selection guidelines. On the production line, each product is inspected before it passes through our state-of -the-art x-ray machines that check for pits, metal, or glass. Our certifications include: ISO 9001, ISO 9002 / IQ NET, BRC, C-TPAT, AENOR, and OU Kosher.
Research, development, and innovation define us. Examples include:
- Our energy conservation program that will eliminate our use of fossil fuels.
- Atmospheric Emission Reduction, where olive pits are crushed and the residual olive oil is extracted. The small pit fragments are burned to generate steam used in our manufacturing process.
- R+D+i Energy Project, which allows us to use photoelectric and thermic solar panels as a source of energy.
At Mario, we believe it is our responsibility to oversee the social and environmental impact we have on the planet. For example, to eliminate the use of fossil fuels, we've partnered with the University of Cadiz to assess biomass as an energy source.